View the latest edition of the Bracebridge Public Library newsletter. April 2020
While the Library is closed to the public due to COVID-19, Library Board monthly meetings will take place electronically. The next meeting will be Tuesday, April 14 at 7 pm. Members of the public are invited to view the proceedings via Library Board Meeting Live The meeting agenda will be posted to the Library website at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
The Town of Bracebridge has closed the Bracebridge Library to the public effective March 13, 2020 and will remain closed until further notice. This closure is a precaution to avoid the spead of COVID-19. All programs have been suspended.
• Library materials currently out will not accrue fines. The drop box will remain open, however, we would like to encourage everyone to hold on to their library materials until we are open again.
• Library holds, including interlibrary loans will be temporarily suspended but not cancelled.
• Library staff are available by phone (705-645-4171) and email (email@example.com), Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM.
• Library online resources are available on this website (Library 24/7, Online Resources) including e-books, e-magazines, audiobooks, readers advisory, reference articles, small engine repair manuals, etc.
• Library staff are currently working towards creating digital content and alternatives to tech workshops, story times, and regular programs. View the Library's Facebook page and the Now Featuring page on this home page.
It is important to get your information from reliable sources. There is evidence of community transmission of COVID-19 in our region. Community transmission means that the number of cases will start to rise. This makes it even more important that people protect themselves and others by staying home and limiting trips in the community. Practice physical distancing by maintaining a distance of 2 metres from others and wash your hands frequently. This will put less people at risk and can flatten the curve. For more information check the following website.
Individual computer or internet training is back and now offered year round. One-hour sessions will be suited to what you would like to learn; including but not limited to help with email, social media, downloading ebooks, iPads, cloud storage & more. Reserve your session by calling the Library or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Bracebridge Transit monthly easyPass may be purchased at the Library, Sportsplex and Town Office. Bracebridge Transit website
In accordance with O. Reg. 191/11: INTEGRATED ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. 11, staff at the Bracebridge Public Library shall provide access to or arrange for the provision of access to accessible materials where they exist, upon request.